Human Resources Shared Services
This service is available for all schools and academies.
Human resources shared service (HRSS) provides an enhanced level of technical support and knowledge throughout the employee life-cycle to support the individual requirements of your school/academy. Our professional and multi-skilled HRSS team are highly experienced in working within local authorities, schools and academies.
We are committed to delivering a high level of customer experience and continuously review our systems and processes in partnership with schools and academies to ensure that we constantly improve the service you receive.
What the service provides
- An end-to-end recruitment service from advertising through to appointment and issue of contract
- A variety of sourcing options including unlimited advertising on the Derby city council website and access to discounted rates for other publications and social media/direct sourcing supported by our partners TMP
- Advice and guidance to managers and candidates throughout the process ensuring compliance with policies and legislation
- A fully automated candidate interface through our web based iTrent solution enhancing the candidate experience
- DBS processing and administration including List 99 checks where required
- Umbrella DBS service is also available.
- Accurate and timely payment of employee salaries in line with contractual and statutory regulations
- Administration and processing of permanent and temporary changes to payroll and employee records
- Administration and processing of statutory and occupational sickness and parental leave
- Management and submission of statutory returns including Real Time Information (RTI), Pension Auto Enrolment information and School Workforce Census to relevant bodies
- Full management and administration of local government and teachers' pension schemes including all monthly and annual returns
- HR management information providing a suite of reports from establishment information through to absence management
- Access to employee benefits and salary sacrifice schemes including cycle schemes, long service awards, employee eye care, car leasing and the perks with pride offers and discounts.
Benefits for your school
- A named customer champion dedicated to support you and who will understand the needs of your school/academy
- Access to a wider suite of HR modules within iTrent including employee and manager self-service, training and performance management
- Access to the school information portal
- We ensure your school/academy remains compliant with statutory requirements of schools workforce census in addition to teachers and local government pensions.
HRSS recognise that the needs of each school/academy are different and therefore we will send you a personalised pricing notification for our services.
Our complete packages are highly competitive and ensure that you receive a first class, cost effective service, however we can also offer some of our services on a 'pay as you go' basis. These details will also be included in our pricing notification.
We can also provide a bespoke service to meet specific needs that your school/academy may have.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss the needs of your school and the service options that may be available.
Oracle supplier name: RES - HR - SHARED
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the how to order services section to find out how you can place your order.