Free school meals
This service is available for all schools within Derby city council's boundaries
What the service provides
The following services are included within the price:
- Processing new applications, which includes undertaking eligibility checks
- Re-instating claims if required
- Cancelling claims
- Automatic re-awarding of free school meals (FSM) between school years
- Access to a dedicated e-mail address to raise queries (response within 48hrs)
- Fast response times on pupil premium eligibility checking
- Direct links to the department for education’s (DfE) eligibility checking service (ECS)
- Performance of manual checks with ECS following parental eligibility disputes
- Awarding FSM outside of ECS eligibility following receipt of appropriate evidence
- Access to our live online portal to check FSM awards and cancellations.
Benefits for your school
Maximising pupil premium for schools:
- Parents can apply through the school
- Parents can apply directly to the council, removing potential stigma
- Encourages parents to apply for FSM allowing the school to maximise pupil premium
- New banded annual pricing, reducing administration costs of FSM.
Dont miss out on pupil premium by encouraging parents to apply for FSM, this includes children who receive universal free school meals in reception, year 1 and year 2.
Please note: it is in the schools’ interests to let us know as soon as possible when pupils join/leave their school, especially at term end dates and the academic year end to ensure that our data is as accurate as possible.
|Band||Number of pupils||Annual charge for 2023/24 financial year - excluding VAT|
|A||Up to 100||£220|
|B||100 to 199||£275|
|C||200 to 299||£330|
|D||300 to 499||£457|
|E||500 to 749||£651|
Oracle supplier name: GOV - FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If you require this service from 1 April 2023 please inform the service of your intent to buy to help them plan ahead by emailing the contact address on this page as soon as possible.
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the how to order services section to find out how you can place your order.