Welcome to Human Resources and Legal Services
Working in partnership with Schools and Academies
HR and Legal Services have now come together in one Governance Department to deliver a more beneficial/complementary suite of support services to colleagues based in Schools and Academies.
The Governance Department is now positioned to offer HR and Legal advice which can be as wide ranging as your professional demands require. We can offer you a comprehensive package of support which covers all aspects of HR, Legal Services and Governance related support such as Freedom of Information and Data Protection. Alternatively we can support you in tailoring a package of support bespoke to your business needs or we are happy to offer 'one off' advice.
My team are a highly skilled group of professionals with substantial experience in Local Government and pride themselves on offering a quality service delivering robust advice and support with integrity and solution focussed outcomes as a priority. They are keen to deliver the best and respond swiftly to change so as to continuously deliver improved services.
Services we offer include:
- Advice in all aspects of staffing related issues and case management and organisational change advice in line with best practice and legislation.
- Advice on Pay and Reward including the grading and evaluation of job roles.
- A robust customer focussed payroll service continuously updated and reviewed to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Support and advice with the administration of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme and the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Support for all aspects of recruitment.
- A fully supported Disclosing and Barring Checking service.
Legal Services and Governance:
- Proactive Employment Law advice.
- Bespoke legal advice across a wide range of specialisms including contract and procurement, general litigation and safeguarding.
- Robust and decisive support in all aspects of Freedom of Information and Data Protection related queries and challenges.
We are very happy to have discussion with you about how best we can help you so please do not hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues below for further details:
- Jackie Mitchell, HR Team Leader – Schools, Human Resources - tel: 01332 643703 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoe Bird, HR Operations Manager (Payroll queries) - tel: 01332 643981 - email: email@example.com
- Paul McMahon, Principal Solicitor - tel: 01332 643585 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you.
Janie Berry - Director of Governance