Welcome to Human Resources - working in partnership with Schools and Academies
The HR Team are a highly skilled group of professionals with substantial experience in Local Government and pride themselves on offering a quality service with integrity and solution focussed outcomes.
Services that we offer include
HR Shared Services (HRSS)
Both recruitment and payroll services are available and further information of this provision can be found on the HRSS Sold Services pages.
- End-to-end recruitment services from advertising through to appointment and issue of contract.
- Advice and guidance to managers and candidates throughout the process ensuring compliance with policies and legislation.
- DBS processing and administration including List 99 checks where required.
- A robust customer focussed payroll service continuously updated and reviewed to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Support and advice with the administration of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme and the Local Government Pension Scheme including all monthly and annual returns.
Zoe Bird, HR Shared Services Manager:
HR Policy Information
- A comprehensive suite of HR policies for both teaching and non-teaching employees. Each school is responsible for ensuring that the most up to date policies that have been adopted within the school are shared with their HR provider. No changes should be made to Derby City Council policies and procedures without the Council’s agreement. The policy and procedure content are currently under review for required revision and any updates will be uploaded onto the relevant pages.
- The information pages are accessible to all community schools via a supplied password.
- Role Grading and Evaluation
- All community schools must contact the HR Lead-Policy and Strategy, when conducting job grading or evaluation. DCC as the employer needs to undertake all job role grading/evaluation.
Helen Bounds, HR Lead - Policy and Strategy, Strategic HR
Strategic HR support is no longer available
Please note that we no longer provides Strategic HR Support to Schools. Schools should seek HR and employment law advice from another source.
As DCC are the employer for staff in your School, we retain a statutory obligation and will need to advise in certain situations. These are outlined in the School Protocol for employment of staff in Community Schools
- Liz Best, Strategic HR Manager: 01332 643475 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adele Ashmore, HR Lead - Advisory Team, Strategic HR: 01332 640518 email email@example.com
My team will be happy to assist you with any queries that you have. We look forward to continuing our positive working relationships.
Liz Moore, Head of Service: