HR Operations is continuing to improve its services to provide an enhanced level of technical support and knowledge in line with your needs as our customer. We are currently bringing in a new system and changing our processes to enable us to respond to new challenges ahead.
A comprehensive list of all activities undertaken by HR Operations is available in the current HR Schools Brochure and we are able to offer a variety of packages to suit the needs of the customer. Our prices are based on the number of employees in your establishment.
We are committed to ensuring that your experiences as a customer are of a consistently high standard. Our professional and multi-skilled HR Operations Team provides services across the employee life-cycle which support schools and academies which includes:
- Advice on recruitment issues, job descriptions, person specifications and selection criteria.
- Advice on advertising and managing media placement.
- Free advertising on Derby City Council Webpage
- Processing Criminal Record Applications, Eligibility to Work Checks and List 99 Checks.
- Arranging Pre Employment Medical Checks and /or Assessment
- Provision and issue of contracts
- Payment of salaries
- Set up and maintenance of electronic employee records
- Administration of permanent and temporary changes
- Calculation and processing of timesheets for payment
- Administer statutory and Non-statutory deductions
- Process travel and subsistence claims
- Leave and absence management including trigger reports
- Management of LGPS and Teachers Pension Schemes including the new legislation on Auto Enrolment
- Ensure compliance with HMRC regulation including new legislation on Real Time Information
- Submission of all statutory returns
HR operations support
- Administration of Long Service, Eye Care, Cycle & Child Care Schemes
- Variation to contract letters
- Establishment and statutory reports
- Collation and submission of Workforce census.
Attendance management action reports
Please record the outcome in MiPeople as detailed in the attached MiPeople Desktop Guide.
Please contact us at HROps.SchoolsTeam@derby.gov.uk if you wish to discuss your requirements or would like further information regarding our services and prices.