Corporate Health and Safety
Running schools and academies is challenging enough at the best of times. The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic highlighted this. As we return to business-as-usual many health and safety challenges remain. As always, the City Council’s Corporate Health and Safety Team is on-hand to work in partnership with you and your school to provide competent advice, guidance, support, and reassurance in meeting those challenges.
The management of Health and Safety Regulations (1999) requires employers to have access to competent Health and Safety advice and support. Failure to do so could expose you, your school, staff, and governors to potential enforcement action.
What our package includes
- Fulfil your duty to engage a competent person - you will be allocated a named adviser
- Provision of a telephone and email advisory service during business hours
- Specialised advice on complex safety related issues such as COVID-19, asbestos management, and medication
- Access to a Radiation Protection Officer
- A H&S management audit annually
- Follow up supportive visits (two per year)
- A suite of Health and Safety Policies, procedures, and guidance through the School Information Portal (SIP)
- Support for schools when liaising with other regulators
- Consultation with Trade Unions and employee representatives
- Regular health and safety updates.
- A suite of generic risk assessments including COVID-19 available on the SIP
- Support and guidance in carrying out specific risk assessments
- Provision of risk assessment training
- Free Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments for up to five colleagues.
- Recording, reporting, and advisory service relating to RIDDOR reports, including COVID-19, to the Health and Safety Executive
- Support and guidance when investigating reportable injuries and ill-health
- Access to accident reporting and investigation course
- Specialist on-site support when dealing with HSE investigations.
Learning and development
- Free access to a full suite of Health and Safety courses using a blended delivery approach for Heads, Deputies, School Business Managers and Governors, (Management of Health and Safety and Risk Assessment, Stress Rick Assessment and Accident Investigation and Reporting and other specific courses). Three free places per mandatory course. Additional places can be bought for £60.00 per delegate. Please see the training brochure for more information
- Access to a RoSPA approved suite of e-learning courses - DSE, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Asbestos, Working at Height and Risk Assessment
- Advice and signposting to specialist training.
Additional services that can be purchased but not included in the package
- eduFOCUS EVOLVE system - This is an online system for the planning, approval and management of educational visits, sports fixtures, and extra-curricular activities. As part of this package you will be entitled to one free place for Educational Visits Coordinator and two free places for Visit Leaders
- Provision of bespoke training service to meet your specific needs. For example, this could include the provision of schools’ medication training and site safety training for caretaking staff
- Specific audits such as noise and vibration
- Out-of-hours consultancy where appropriate
- DSE assessments (six or more colleagues)
- EVAC+™ Chair Operator training for up to four delegates per course
- Medication training.
For all of the above, please email the Corporate Health and Safety Team for a quote.
Benefits for your school
- Value for money
- A source of expertise
- Peace of mind
- Best practice
The price is an annual fee based on a price per employee at £19.00 within the following fixed price bands:
|Band||Number of employees||Cost|
|Band 1||Up to 50 employees in your school or academy||£950|
|Band 2||51 to 100 employees in your school or academy||£1900|
|Band 3||Over 101 to 199 employees in your school or academy||£2850|
|Band 4||200 employees or more in your school or academy||£3800|
The eduFOCUS EVOLVE can be purchased separately for £250.00 per financial year.
Any additional Health and Safety services will be charged at an hourly rate of £70. This cost will include travel time.
Prices do not include VAT.
CiA name: Health and Safety
Internal supplier code: 2501
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the how to order services section to find out how you can place your order.