Fire risk management actions for Council premises
The Council’s Fire Safety team are working to find ways to improve and simplify how information is shared and recorded as part of the management of fire risk at the Council’s corporate and school premises.
We use the Derby City Council Client Portal system (managed by the Property Services department) which allows premises-based colleagues to:
- access the building’s key management information
- request Property Services maintenance works
- view all pertinent information in relation to the building that they work in or manage.
The facility to complete fire risk management actions has been available on the portal for some time, running alongside an excel spreadsheet system. However, we will phase out the excel spreadsheet system by 31 December 2022.
From 1 January 2023, the Derby City Council Client Portal will be the only way of receiving and updating fire risk management actions.
For consistency, only the premises' responsible persons, (including building managers, business managers and headteachers) will be able to add details to the portal. This will specifically apply to updates to the fire risk management actions for our building premises.
It is essential that the responsible persons nominated by the asset manager for the site are trained and competent to use the portal before 1 January 2023.
We need to know who is nominated to update these records at each of the Council’s premises. They will need to be assigned rights within the Property Asset Management system.
- Please send a list of the responsible persons assigned to your premises by email to both: PropDataComp@derby.gov.uk and FireSafetyTeam@derby.gov.uk
- The responsible persons assigned to your premises need to follow the standard procedure guidance on how to complete Fire Risk Management Actions.
- For access, advice or training on how to use the DCC Client Portal, please contact PropDataComp@derby.gov.uk as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions relating to Fire Risk Management, please contact the Fire Safety team:
- Colin Moffatt - Fire Safety Service Manager
- Darren Corke - Fire Risk Assessor
- Bisma Quayyum – Technical Support Officer