Governor bespoke school training
This is a school-based expert led training session on a theme tailored to the needs of your governing body or cluster of governors and/or clerks.
What the service provides
- bespoke training for your governing body
- telephone conversation to clarify the focus of the session
- costs of the trainers planning and preparation time
- costs of the trainers time and expenses of travelling to your venue
- costs of any materials - photocopied hand-outs and so on
- administration of ‘contracting’ the consultant
- reviews of governance following Ofsted inspection.
Benefits for your school
A training session for the whole governing body or cluster on a topic of your choice. Suggested topics provided previously include, this is by no means an exhaustive list:
- Finance Training (see Budget Management package pages 15 to 27)
- Effective Monitoring of your Schools Self Evaluation
- Effective School Visits and How Best to Support your Subject Leader
- How Governing Bodies Can Help to Raise Standards
- Monitoring Role of Governors
- Preparing Governors for Ofsted Inspections
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Leadership
- Effective Governance Review
- Effective Appraisal and Capability (performance management)
- Using data to hold the headteacher to account
- Assessing the impact of pupil premium
Please note this list is not an exhaustive one!
- we will work with your Training Link Governor and your Governing Body to tailor a training session to suit your Governing Body requirements
- we will match your training requirements with a suitable trainer and liaise with the trainer to find a suitable date.
What we expect from you?
- please inform the Governor Support Team if you have to make any amendments to organised training
- please try and ensure a minimum of five governors attend this training
- to attend with any necessary documentation.
The cost will be bespoke to each training session. A discount is applicable to schools subscribed to the Governor Support and Improvement Package.