Quality Assurance: Educational Psychology Service
The quality of services provided by the EPS is assured in a number of ways:
- All the team have current DBS checks.
- All educational psychologists are registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- All EPs are regulated by a professional code of practice that governs their day-to-day work.
- All EPs undergo a period of induction on joining the service. This is enhanced in the case of newly qualified EPs who are given an allocation of time in their first year of practice to make this possible.
- All EPs have termly supervision, which incorporates the council’s Managing Individual Performance Programme (MIP).
- The work of trainee EPs is carefully allocated and supervised.
- The service has a complaints procedure. In the first instance complaints should be made directly to the EP concerned. If this does not resolve the situation contact should be made with the senior educational psychologist (SEP) who will investigate, respond to the complaint, take whatever action is necessary and review whether changes are required to the operation of the Service.
- Annual Structured Interviews are carried out regularly to receive feedback about the service and identify opportunities for improvement.