Derby Adult Learning Service - British Sign Language and Deaf Awareness
This service is for all schools and academies staff.
What the service provides
- Signature Level 1 in British Sign Language (BSL) unit for frontline workers with 10 hours of guided learning hours
- Full signature Level 1 award in British Sign Language (BSL) with 65 guided learning hours
- Deaf awareness courses tailored to meet the needs of staff.
Derby Adult Learning Service has established a reputation for delivering high quality learning packages. This has been evidenced by Ofsted inspection, accreditation boards, learners and local employers. Derby Adult Learning Service has also achieved the Training Quality Standard for the high-quality training delivered to employers.
Benefits for your school
The training will:
- Improve employees' communication skills
- Raise staff awareness of barriers to learning faced by deaf sign language users.
Price on application
Sally Petch, BSL Curriculum Organiser
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the How to order services section to find out how you can place your order.