Education and skills - analysis, challenge, support and training
This high-quality service is suitable for all schools/academies keen to keep up to date and work in partnership with our very experienced team to ensure on-going school improvement.
All Professional Advocates for Children in Education - PACEs - traded support is available on a daily rate or as a package of days to help with diary planning.
- 10% discount for a School Based Training session for your Governors on data or any other area you require if you buy 3 days or more
- Bolt-ons such as a one day safeguarding review, a SEND review or modelled subject reviews (based on the approach developed during 2021/22 with school triads and the University of Derby) including a report showing findings and any discussion with leaders.
Please indicate on the booking form the number of days required. We are also offering bespoke bolt-on options following requests made by head teachers.
Benefit for schools
• A team who can work at a strategic and whole school/academy level to support in all aspects of school improvement
• A bespoke service that ensures a highly personalised approach to the context of your school/academy
• A team who can develop the professional expertise within your school/academy
• Strong links with regional HMI, DfE and RSC teams
• A team of highly qualified and experienced PACEs who:
- Have up-to-date Ofsted inspection experience
- Have primary headship/secondary headship experience
- Have local knowledge and national expertise
- Have up to date knowledge of national policies and guidance
- Can provide guidance and training in a range of specialist areas
- Have a thorough understanding of good/outstanding practice within and beyond the city and can signpost to this.
- Complete statutory functions on behalf of the LA and DFE.
The PACE team is made up of permanent Professional Advocates for Children in Education. In Derby there is a commitment to allocating a named PACE for each school and academy. This officer can act as a single point of contact with the LA and can provide links to other LA services. This includes school visits plus the associated preparation, report writing, liaison and administration.
PACE traded support is available on a daily rate or as a package of days.
Daily rate - please indicate number of days when ordering.
3 days – 10% discount for a School Based Training for your Governors on data or any other area required if you buy 3 days or more.
Menu of support example
The following activities are examples of support available:
- Support for School Improvement Planning
- Support for target-setting and strategies to ‘close the gap’
- Support with data analysis and presentation
- A wide range of quality assurance activities including joint monitoring with HT and SLT of lesson observations, work scrutiny, pupil interviews, learning walks etc
- Support with presentation and quality assurance of school self-evaluation evidence
- Support with strategies to improve the leadership and management of teaching
- Support for senior and middle leadership, including coaching
- Provision of post and pre-Ofsted support including analysis of SEF and support to school prior to or during inspection as required
- Support with monitoring interventions
- Support with all aspects of preparation for Inspection
- Quality of Education reviews (will require minimum 2 day package commitment)
- Support for the interview process and recruitment (senior staff)
- Quality assurance of moderation/assessment processes (in addition to LA statutory moderation)
- Support with developing effective ‘Assessment for Learning’ across the school/academy
- Review of ‘Effectiveness of Governance’
- Other school improvement activities by arrangement
- CPD training on INSET/Training Day
- 14-19 / IAG developments.
Other tailored support is available on request.
Commissions such as Quality Assurance Reviews
The PACE team can offer QA reviews in the following areas; please note these reviews will be carried out by a member of the PACE team, not necessarily your named PACE, according to expertise and availability:
- Critique of school documentation - for example, your Public Sector Equality Duties Statement and objectives and how these filter through the curriculum (time to be agreed min 1/2 day)
- Critique of school self-evaluation (1 day)
- Data Analysis support (all year groups) (time to be agreed min 1/2 day)
- Website Compliance Check (1/2 day)
- Website Quality and Compliance Check (1 day).
- Assessment review i.e. processes, CPD - KS2 (1/2 day) KS1 (1 day).
These can also be taken from your PACE days of support.
Bolt-on 1: Head teacher performance management
It is a statutory duty for maintained schools to appoint an external adviser for the performance management process. PACEs are available to carry this out upon request.
Bolt-on 2: Head teacher recruitment support
DCC Human Resources provide traded support for recruiting Head teachers. PACEs will attend the shortlisting and final interviews at no cost. Any additional time or resources will be charged at the daily rate, pro-rata or as agreed for resources.
Bolt-on 3: Bespoke school based training for Governors
A discounted rate for school based training for your Governors on your data or any other area required if you pre-book 3 days or more of PACE support.
Please note: School based training is also available if you buy less than 3 PACE days through the Education and skills: school based training - Staff or Governors package.
Bolt-on 4: Safeguarding, SEND or other review
A Safeguarding, SEND or any other review can be arranged for your school. A report will be provided showing findings and any recommended actions to take.
- Package 1 - £550 per day.
- Package 2 (3 days) - £1650 with the option to purchase a discounted bespoke school based training session.
Visits can be added at any time and are charged at no less than a half day rate - £275.
Please indicate on the booking form the number of PACE days to be booked.
Commissions i.e. quality assurance reviews
• ½ day - £275
• Full day - £550
- Bolt on 1 – HTPM - £550 per day
- Bolt on 2 – Head teacher recruitment support - PACEs will attend the shortlisting and one day of the interviews at no cost. - £550 per day or as agreed for resources
- Bolt on 3 – Bespoke 2 hour school based training for your governing board on your data or any other area required. Available if you pre-book 3 days or more PACE support. Please note school based training is also available if you buy less than 3 PACE days through the ES: School Based Training – Staff or Governors package - £247.50
- Bolt on 4 – Safeguarding, SEND or other review – includes report with findings and any recommended actions. £825 per review.
Oracle Supplier Name: GOV - QSP - SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the How to order services section to find out how you can place your order.