Financial services to Derby City's maintained schools 2021/22
This service is available for Derby's maintained schools.
Derby’s Schools Finance Team of chartered and certified accountants lead the way in providing a unique blend of personalised education finance support including excellent value for money on-site visits, bespoke package options and a library of training opportunities.
The creditability of our offer is supported by over 20 years of experience in the sector linked with the role of developing and supporting the strategic direction of education funding for the city. This enables us to provide advice and support that is forward looking, enables schools to plan for the future with certainty and ensuring schools make the correct financial assumptions within their financial strategies. This is a service that cannot be provided elsewhere.
COVID 19 - whilst instructions are in place for the team to limit face to face contact with those outside of the team we are carrying out our Finance meetings through either Skype or Teams. We are constantly reviewing this situation as guidance emerges and hope to be visiting school premises as soon as we can.
What can we offer you?
Based on a customer led approach we offer a range of bespoke services to maintained schools. Our support ranges from weekly onsite support to termly advisory meetings. We act as advisory partners to the school as well as offering objective view points and alternative financial considerations in times of hardship. Our financial health checks gives the assurance needed for you to confidently carry out your stewardship duties with regard to the public purse.
Download our full brochure today from the Finance page on the School Information Portal or email the team email@example.com.
Services currently provided to schools through a range of package options
Financial Management Services (FMS)
A bespoke service beneﬁting from a dedicated, professional finance officer who understands your financial requirements including support with:
- Compliance with the Scheme for Funding Schools/Consistent Financial report and statements of recommended practice
- Strategic management planning with access to a 5 year budget planning tool
- Budget monitoring support including strategic reports for leadership
- Procurement advice, efficiency reviews, financial health checks
- Attendance at meetings and training opportunities
- Efficiency reviews and salary reconciliations.
Strategic Financial Services
A bespoke service for those schools facing uncertain budget pressures. An individualised budget planning tool to assist schools in preparing a 3 year budget plan.
- Working alongside your HR specialists to support you on restructure costs, redundancy implications and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE) financial impact
- Financial efficiency health check
- Contracting and procurement advice.
Financial Advisory Services
Tailored for those schools who require ad hoc support throughout the year.
- Advice and Guidance on internal control and audit compliance
- Support to Governors and Leadership teams with regard to the school’s financial performance and Value for Money assurance.
Design your own support
Whilst we offer whole scale packages to suit your needs we also offer a package to those who may be faced with short term demands or long term absences, such a design could include the following:
- Financial planning, monitoring and budgeting support to schools by way of a series of tailored visits
- Access to tools for budget planning, forecast monitoring and cashflow
- Guidance on the Scheme for Funding Schools/Consistent Financial report and statements of recommended practice, including internal controls and recommended policies and Value for Money Reviews
- Support on Self-Assessment audit procedures including assistance with external audit
- Accounting Entries Technical Support including Financial performance assessments
- Benchmarking, Governor Reports, Project Support.
We have been training schools in financial competences for over 20 years. All our courses give schools the opportunity to share experiences and network.
Training is available upon request.
Please contact the School Finance Team to discuss the needs of your school and your bespoke price.
Oracle Supplier Name: GOV - SCHOOLS FINANCE TEAM
Tel: 01332 640784
Address: School Financial Services FTAO – School Team, First Floor, Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the How to Order Services section to find out how you can place your order.