New School in DR Congo Seeks Assistance
Published: 24 September 2021
A new education establishment is soon to open in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Congolese British Grammar School is seeking partnership and support from Derby schools.
The school aims to deliver the following:
- Partnership with UK based schools for mentoring and support to achieve expected level of education for English language and curriculum.
- High standards British education in francophone speaking country.
- Twinning scheme for capacity building and coaching of staff in English language.
- Opportunity for school trip to DR Congo in Kolwezi town- known for its large scale ( industry) mining of copper and cobalt use for electric vehicles – supply chain for Telsa and BMW. Also opportunity to explore the tourism sites, Safari in Upemba Park in Lualaba Province and the source of Congo River, history of mining town of Kolwezi copper and cobalt.
- Visit of modern mines of high tech for production copper cathode and cobalt oxide – Tenke Fungurume and Kamoa in Kolwezi.
Do you have resources that could be donated to the school, such as books, CDs, DVDs and so on? The school’s management would love to hear from you. For further details about the school and to make donations, the school may be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone mobile: 07722001743.
There will be an official opening ceremony, scheduled for 1st October 2021, at which a delegate from the British High Commission ( Foreign, Commonwealth Development Office) will be in attendance.