Referral to Children Missing Education officer

This form is to be completed to refer a child as missing from Education to the Local Authority. This includes any child, where parents/carers have not provided a forwarding address and you have been unable to locate the family. Please note this includes children who have left the country and you have no forwarding address for the family. This is in line with DfE CME Guidelines 2016 (Making Reasonable Enquiries - point 34).

If your school receives a service from Education Welfare Service (EWS), joint enquiries can be carried out by both parties. Please note that any support from your EWS officer can be verified by logs held at the EWS.

Please also be aware that this does not replace safeguarding procedures. Should you have concerns about a child then you must report these to the first contact team professionals line immediately on 01332 641172 and also the police on 101.

The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields. All the information you enter will be submitted securely.

You will be timed out in seconds.

Do you want to continue using this form?