TALK Derby DAY - 1 July 2020
TALK Derby DAY is a celebration of speech, language and communication – the skills we need to succeed in life. We’ve adapted our plans in the face of Covid-19 and are still encouraging people across the city to hold activities which encourage conversations – face-to-face or online, at home or elsewhere. Schools, colleges, childminders, nurseries, families, businesses and workplaces are all invited to take part and promote TALK Derby DAY to parents and carers.
What you can do now:
- Visit the TALK Derby DAY web page to get more information – and find out about the chance to WIN £250 for your local school or education setting.
- Download our resource pack which includes loads of ideas for parents, carers, schools and colleges as well as workplaces to help you be a part of TALK Derby DAY.
- Think about what you might be doing on July 1 and how you could link it to speech, language and communication.
- Let us know what you have planned. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your ideas, events and activities.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest information on what is happening on the day and to share your events with us using #TALKDerbyDAY.
We know Covid-19 has had a big impact on everyone’s lives and appreciate there are likely to be conflicting priorities for you. If you think that speech, language and communication skills are important for Derby’s children and young people and are able to take part in TALK Derby DAY on 1 July 2020, we look forward to welcoming you.