Corporate Health and Safety 2021/22
Running schools and academies is challenging enough at the best of times. This year has proved particularly challenging due to the COVID-19 pandemic and worrying whether you are following the right Government guidance and meeting your health and safety obligations. As always, the City Council’s Corporate Health and Safety Team will work in partnership with your school to provide competent advice, support and reassurance in meeting those challenges.
The Management of Health and Safety Regulations (1999) requires employers to have access to competent Health and Safety advice and support. Failure to engage a competent advisory service could expose your school, staff and governors to potential enforcement action.
What the service provides
How we provide the Health and Safety services
- Fulfil your duty to engage a competent person - you will be allocated a named adviser
- Provision of a telephone and email advisory service during business hours
- Specialised advice on complex safety related issues such as COVID-19, asbestos management and medication
- Access to a Radiation Protection Officer
- Audit and inspection programme (three visits per financial year)
- A suite of Health and Safety Policies, procedures and guidance through the School Information Portal (SIP)
- Support for schools when liaising with other regulators
- Consultation with Trade Unions and employee representatives
- Regular health and safety updates
- Advice, support and activity approval for the Evolve system.
- A suite of generic risk assessments available including COVID-19 on the SIP
- Support and guidance in carrying out specific risk assessments
- Provision of risk assessment training
- Free Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments for up to five colleagues.
- Recording, reporting and advisory service relating to RIDDOR reports, including COVID-19, to the Health and Safety Executive
- Support and guidance when investigating reportable injuries and ill-health
- Access to accident reporting and investigation course
- Specialist on-site support when dealing with HSE investigations.
Learning and development
- Free access to a full suite of Health and Safety courses using a blended delivery approach for Heads, Deputies, School Business Managers and Governors, (Management of Health and Safety and Risk Assessment, Stress Rick Assessment and Accident Investigation and Reporting and other specific courses.) Four free places per mandatory course. Additional places can be bought for £60.00 per delegate. Please see the training brochure for more information.
- Access to a RoSPA approved suite of e-learning courses - DSE, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Asbestos, Working at Height and Risk Assessment.
- Advice and signposting to specialist training.
- Provide a bespoke consultancy and training service to meet your specific needs. For example, this could include the provision of schools’ medication training or a noise and vibration audit
- Out-of-hours consultancy where appropriate
- DSE assessments (six or more colleagues)
- EVAC+™ Chair Operator training for up to four delegates per course
- Access to Evolve eduFOCUS services can be purchased separately.
For all of the above, please email the Corporate Health and Safety Team for a quote.
Benefits for your school
- Value for money
- A source of expertise
- Peace of mind
- Best practice
The price is an annual fee based on a price per employee at £16.00 within the following fixed price bands:
|Band||Number of employees||Cost|
|Band 1||Up to 50 employees in your school or academy||£800|
|Band 2||51 to 100 employees in your school or academy||£1600|
|Band 3||Over 101 employees in your school or academy||£2400|
Any additional Health and Safety services will be charged at an hourly rate of £60. This cost will include travel time.
Evolve can be purchased separately for £200.00 per financial year.
Prices do not include VAT.
Oracle Supplier Name: CASS - HEALTH AND SAFETY
Darren Allsobrook or Nicky Fraser-Hobin
Tel: 01332 640748
How to order
Now you have selected the services you require, please visit the How to Order Services section to find out how you can place your order.