About our SEND ambassadors
Derby's SEND Ambassadors are a group of 12 SENCOs and Inclusion leads in the City. They have been picked, or volunteered, to share their expertise and to support local area SEND services.
What do they do?
- Meet monthly to set the agenda for SENCO Network meetings
- Represent SENCOs at local area governance meetings
- Help us to test new developments, paperwork and processes
- Act as a focus group for new developments
- Share knowledge and experiences of how systems are working, from the frontline, to help services to continually improve.
Who are they?
|Andy Beattie||Inclusion Manager, Dale Community Primary School and Stonehill Nursery School|
|Darren Morris||SENCO, Cherry Tree Primary School|
|Debbie Costema||SENCO, Gayton Junior School|
|Wendy Forte||SENCO, Ashgate Primary School|
|Becky Green||SENCO, St Giles Special School|
|Luisa Pancisi||Headteacher and SENCO, St James Infants School|
|Tim Barker||SENCO, Allestree Woodlands|
|Sian Hubbard||SENCO, Murray Park Community School|
|Alistair Crawford||St Martins Special School and Horizons Sixth Form and Deputy Regional Lead for Whole School SEND (WSS) North Region|
|Mark Chapple||SENCO, Derby Cathedral School|
|Sarah Brown||SENCO, Noel Baker Academy|
|Amanda Fower||SENCO, Newtons Walk PRU|
How can they help you?
You can get in touch with any of the ambassadors for advice or support with specific issues around SEND in your setting, or to raise any issues that you might want raising in SEND governance meetings.
If you would like to know more about SEND Ambassadors please contact DerbySAL@derby.gov.uk