Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) team
The SEND EHCP team is responsible for the statutory education, health and social care (EHC) assessment process. The team’s key responsibilities include:
- EHC needs assessments – gathering and coordinating information as part of the statutory assessment process
- co-producing EHC plans with parents and other professionals involved
- identifying the right education setting for children and young people with EHC plans
- maintaining EHC plans by amending plans after an annual review
- reviewing E3 funding requests
- mediation, appeals and tribunals.
Officers in the EHCP team are allocated to work with schools in the city. They are supported by a small team of caseworkers and admin support.
What you can expect from the EHCP team
Our pledge to schools, settings, and training providers:
- Your EHCP officer will contact you regularly to discuss children and young people with EHC plans in your setting. We will be open, honest, and accessible to support you to deliver the outcomes set out in EHC plans.
- We will process new assessment requests in a timely manner and keep you updated about how things are going. We will discuss placement decisions with you where we aren’t able to agree on the right setting.
- We will attend annual reviews, where needed, to support the management of the meeting and coordination of the plan. We won’t attend every annual review meeting but we will prioritise those where you think we are needed.
- Funding decisions will be made promptly to support you to deliver the provision in the plan. We will notify you of our decision to help you to plan and manage your budget.
Getting in touch with the team
You can contact your linked EHCP Officer with any queries about specific children with EHC plans at your school at any time. If you don’t know who your officer is then please get in touch with our support team using the details below. Please be aware that your EHCP Officer is also supporting lots of other schools, setting and training providers and may not always be able to respond to you straight away.
If you are experiencing difficulties in getting in touch with the team or need to discuss an urgent matter then you can contact the EHCP Team Manager, Daniel Marson, on 01332 647868 or by email Daniel.Marson@derby.gov.uk