This page provides you with Derby City Council Health and Safety Policies which are applicable to Derby City Council employed educational establishments.
The Health and Safety Policy Statement of Intent describes the councils vision for Health and Safety across our services. It is a legally required umbrella document, signed by the Leader of the Council and the Chief Executive, which all our other health and safety policies and procedures link into.
The statement outlines what we're aiming to achieve, and our plans for making it happen. It also lists the responsibilities of everyone from the Cabinet, to Chief Officers, head teachers, their senior managers and individual employees.
- Abuse, aggression and violence policy and guidance
- Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Policy and Guidance
- Managing Contractors Safely Policy
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Policy
- Driving at Work Policy
- Display Screen Equipment Policy
- Managers' guide to health and safety for new and expectant mothers
- Fire Safety Policy
- Operational fire risk assessment checklist
- Disabled employees safe evacuation questionnaire
- Personal emergency evacuation plan
- Lone Working Policy and Guidance
- Manual Handling Policy
- Administration of Medicines in Schools Policy
- Mobile Phones and Driving
- Noise at Work Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- Stress Management Policy
- Vibration at Work
- Water Hygiene Policy
- Work at Height Policy and Guidance
We regularly review and update our policies, and introduce new policies, this information is provided to you in School Circulars and emails from the team.